Our website is open 24/7. Even if it's 2 a.m., you can place an order, submit a quote or customer service request online. Our representatives respond quickly, typically within one business day. If a request is sent to us on Friday after 4:00pm EST we will contact you on Monday. You may choose to call us between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST at (888) 881-0812.
For all returns, contact your AVI-SPL Catalog's Sales Representative at 800-639-3010 before the thirtieth (30th) day to request an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization), or please complete the online RMA request form at http://catalog.avispl.com/customer-service/rma.asp »
If you have already submitted the RMA and have questions, contact AVI-SPL Customer Service at (888) 881-0812.
Defective* or D.O.A.** Program
In the case of a defective* or D.O.A.** product(s), no charges will apply. Our Customer Service team must be notified within 30 days of your invoice date if there are any problems with any item(s) upon receipt***. Defective* or D.O.A.** merchandise will be repaired and returned, or exchanged for the same make and model, or for a product of equal value as allowed by the product manufacturer's policies. There are a few manufacturer exceptions to this policy: Optoma offers a 14 days of receipt*** DOA** products. Sony has a repair only policy.
Please note: non-new, remanufactured or refurbished B-stock or C-stock products are not eligible for exchange if they are Defective* or D.O.A.**. They are eligible for factory authorized repairs only. You may either contact our Customer Service team at 800-639-3010 ext. 2666, or the manufacturer for repair options. Our policy for Defective* or D.O.A.** items on special ordered products will depend on the manufacturer's warranties.
Any product that fails to meet the factory specifications determined by the manufacturer
Dead On arrival. Product will not power up.
Is the date provided by the carrier as proof of delivery, or the date of the signed delivery receipt for your product.
Manufacturer Pixel Policies
Please know that our suppliers only provide us with their highest quality units available. On occasion a projector may have 1 (one) or more "Off" or "Out" pixels, also referred to as "Bad" pixels. It is industry standard to allow for a few "Bad" pixels on an LCD panel or DLP chip. The actual placement and number of "Bad" pixels allowed varies by manufacturer. The issue of "Bad" pixels does not qualify a projector for replacement as a "Defective" or "D.O.A." unit, but may be returned to the manufacturer for their evaluation; their decision is final in each of these cases. We apologize for any inconvenience the manufacturer's policies may cause.
Condition of Returned Items
All returned items must be in new and resalable condition and meet the following criteria:
- DO NOT WRITE ON THE BOX. If the box is written on, the returned products will be refused. DO NOT black out or deface manufacturer bar codes and/or labels such as serial numbers; the cost of a replacement box will automatically deduct from your credit.
- If your projector has less than four (4) hours on the lamp, then you will not be charged a restocking fee. If your projector has four (4) to ten (10) hours on the lamp, and/or evidence of excessive wear and tear, you will be refunded your purchase price less a low 15% restocking fee. If your projector has greater than ten (10) hours on the lamp, you may not return the projector for credit or exchange. Instead the projector may be repaired under warranty according to manufacturer guidelines. The restock fee will also apply for stocking items that evidence excessive wear and tear.
- Projector lamps that have been opened or used are ineligible for return.
- Include all accessories in their original wrapping/packing material. The actual replacement cost for missing items will be deducted from your refund/credit.
- Include all manuals, warranty/guarantee information, and instructions. The actual replacement cost for missing items will be deducted from your refund/credit.
- Customer pays shipping costs and must insure the package for the purchase value. Acceptable shipping carriers are UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL, Purolator or Xpresspost. Do not send return merchandise via Canada Post regular mail; it will be refused. Products returned by Canada Post regular mail will not be credited or exchanged.
- Clearly place the RMA number on a label and attach it to the outside of the box OR include the RMA number in the "Ship To" address line.
- The RMA number will be open for 7 business days from date when issued to you. If you do not contact us or return the products the RMA number will automatically CLOSE and you will lose the option to return or exchange the products.
- Product must be in the original shipping carton with all original packing material.
International and Wholesale/Resellers (U.S. and International)
All sales are final, no returns or credits. AVI-SPL may approve an upgrade within seven (7) days to an item of greater value. If approved, purchaser must receive an RMA# from AVI-SPL Catalog Customer Service Team. Purchaser is responsible for all shipping charges and/or duties incurred.
For Items Damaged During Transport
AVI-SPL endeavors to use reliable and reputable carriers, but occasionally shipping damage does occur. Resolving the problem of transit damage or loss depends on the cooperation of all parties. All shipping damage claims must be made against the common carrier; therefore, it is imperative that you follow these guidelines:
- Inspect all shipments upon arrival. If damage or loss is apparent upon delivery, do not accept the shipment until you make a notation of the damage on all copies of the carrier's pro bill and have the driver sign all copies to acknowledge the notation. Do not sign a clear receipt for damaged or missing cartons or there will be no basis for a claim. Ask the carrier to make a detailed inspection of the damage. File a claim with the carrier. Cooperate and follow up as necessary to secure final settlement.
- Even if damages are acknowledged in writing by the driver, you must request an inspection by the carrier and retain the merchandise, carton, and package materials at the address to which shipment was made until the carrier authorizes movement. The carrier must provide you with an inspection report. In case of concealed damage, inspection must be requested within five (5) days of receipt of shipment.
- Please immediately advise AVI-SPL Catalog of all damages or problems. Do not return merchandise to AVI-SPL. File your claim with the carrier, enclosing copies of the bill of lading (signed by the driver) and inspection report as support. Keep all packing materials and boxes with the damaged product. Do not throw anything away. Although AVI-SPL will provide any assistance possible, we cannot be responsible for the actual filing of claims on the carrier or accept liability for non-collectable freight claims.
"New in Box" merchandise includes the manufacturer's standard warranty excluding consumable items such as lamps. Manufacturers may include an extended warranty service beyond their standard warranty period on certain items. Manufacturers provide a one (1) year warranty or less (unless specified otherwise on your invoice or packing slip) on non-new, remanufactured or refurbished, B- or C-graded stock items that covers repair only. Non-new, remanufactured or refurbished, B- or C-graded products do not qualify for D.O.A. exchange. These products will be repaired and returned to purchaser. Please confirm warranty coverage at the time of your purchase.
AVI-SPL disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AVI-SPL offers no warranties that extend beyond the description on the face hereof.
Established account: A full refund will not be issued if purchaser's account has an open balance. A credit memo will be issued, and credit will be applied first to the invoice on which the products were purchased, then to any other open invoices on the account, beginning with the oldest invoice. Any credit balance remaining will be refunded as outlined below.
Credit card: All refunds for purchases made by credit will be issued as a credit to that same account within a reasonable period of time after inspection of returned products.
Changes in Pricing and Promotions
All items offered on AVI-SPL Catalog are sold at the most current prices available. Due to real time inventories and daily changes of costs and programs offered by manufacturers, prices and promotions will and do change frequently. AVI-SPL is unable to provide any price protection; therefore we will not refund any price difference on your current or previous orders, and we cannot honor a promotion on a purchase made before the promotion start date. (Nor, will we bill you for any difference when a product price increases.) We sincerely appreciate your business and feel confident that our expertise, pricing and availability will exceed your expectations.
Coupon codes for discounts or promotions on select projectors may only be redeemed at time of purchase. We do not offer refunds on coupons which were not used at the point of sale.
Failure by AVI-SPL to enforce any Purchase Policies does not constitute a waiver of any portion of our Purchase Policies.
Limitation of Liability
AVI-SPL shall not be liable under any circumstances for any consequential, incidental, special or exemplary damages arising out of or in any connection with this agreement or the products, including but not limited to lost profits, lost data, or any claim based on indemnity or contribution, or the failure of any limited or exclusive remedy to achieve its essential purpose or otherwise. Purchaser's exclusive remedy, as against AVI-SPL , shall be the repair or replacement of defective parts.
If AVI-SPL lists a product on its web site at a price in error, or that is no longer available for any reason, AVI-SPL Catalog reserves the right to cancel the sale without incurring any liability.
The Purchase Policy published on our website is always the most recent Purchase Policy and shall supersede all previous policies published either in print or online.
Last revised 8/6/2019